Full Cycle Bookkeeper
We are seeking a Full Cycle Bookkeeper with HR generalist experience to join our team. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and possess the ability to work independently, be a team player, and work with international colleagues. We may consider a part time (30 hours per week) arrangement initially with the expectation of full time within six months.
- Full cycle accounts payable and receivable including collections and billings in US dollars and other currencies
- Recording banking transactions and reconciliation of multiple bank accounts
- Process employee payroll and related payroll tax payments and quarterly payroll tax returns
- Pension payments for employees
- Work with overseas accountants for international payroll and taxes
- Work closely with company accounting firm to provide information for filing corporate taxes and appropriate forms for international business
- Detailed analysis and preparation of reports (including sales and monthly commissions)
- New employee orientation and administration
- Administer employee records
- Policy development
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience with QuickBooks software
- Experience with Salesforce software a plus
- Minimum three years of experience in a small business (<100 people) a plus
- Location: USA, St. Louis
Field Application Specialist/Scientist
Field Application Specialists/Scientists at Partek support customer inquiries, give software training, and attend trade shows on a frequent basis. The successful candidate will have higher-level technical software skills, good knowledge of molecular biology and genetics, and a good understanding of statistical data analysis.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, biostatistics or closely related field in life sciences
- Ability to consult with customers to define user requirements for software features
- Ability to consult with customers to requirements for data analysis services
- Knowledge of genomics data analysis (including microarray and next generation sequencing)
- Travel 25-30% of the time for customer training and trade shows
- Locations: Europe (UK); US (Bay Area, Washington DC, Boston, St. Louis); Singapore
We’re seeking an Account Manager to join our team to retain and grow our customer base. As part of our team, you would travel frequently to customer sites to manage every stage of the sales relationship. The successful candidate will have knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques and have the ability to relate technical concepts to applications and user needs.
- Present and sell company services to current and potential clients via phone and in-person interactions
- Identify new prospects within your region and convert them into satisfied customers
- Prepare and perform presentations and proposals
- Develop and maintain market awareness by keeping up to date on current product knowledge including participation in related trade shows. Coordinate marketing activities, including training events at customer sites as necessary
- Prepare forecasting activity and monthly revenue achievement
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, competitor information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company representatives
- B.S. in Science, Business, or related discipline and a background in life sciences or technology
- 3+ years experience and proven track record of success in sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis
- Locations: USA St. Louis, (east/west coast) and Europe (UK)
Software Engineer (Computational Biology)
- Interface with scientists to understand data analysis objectives and translate them into working computational solutions.
- Interface with scientists to educate and provide guidance on computational software and algorithms for analyzing biological data.
- Develop a deep understanding of standard genomics data formats. This includes downloading data from public repositories, curation of synthetic data sets, and associated data interpretation and testing
- Develop a deep understanding of common software tools used in genomics through practices including installation, managing dependencies, execution, troubleshooting and debugging.
- Independently understand established and emerging tools used in genomics including reading relevant documentation, manuals, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Develop, maintain, test, and profile high throughput workflows for large genomics data analysis projects. Conduct specific analysis including processing, normalization, quantification, statistical analysis, biological interpretation, and generate figures and visualizations for downstream analysis or presentation
- Profiling and enhancing the runtime performance of existing command line tools
- Using existing frameworks to present simple and user-friendly interfaces for running algorithms
- Using existing frameworks to present simple and user-friendly reports for viewing data results
- B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Statistics, or closely related field
- Strong Java and/or C++ programming skills
- Strong Linux terminal experience (package management tools, Linux tools)
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash, Python, Perl, R
- Experience with data presentation and visualization
- Working understanding of college-level biology, mathematics, and statistics
- Experience with genomic data formats a plus (BAM, VCF, HD5, GTF, etc)
- Experience with independent research projects a plus
- Experience with parallel processing and high performance computing a plus
Software Engineer (Full-stack)
- Design and develop backend solutions for large-scale Java application including job scheduling, user management, security, developer APIs, REST API, data compression, data distribution, data pipelining, data presentation, and metadata management using modern coding and architecture best practices.
- Design and develop C++ binaries for basic data processing
- Write and maintain efficient SQL statements
- B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science
- Strong Java and/or C++ (or similar application layer language) programming skills
- Strong Linux terminal experience (package management tools, Linux tools)
- Experience with web frameworks like JSF, Spring, Angular, etc
- Experience with high-performance development practices and tools
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with graphics development (WebGL, OpenGL, etc) a plus
- Experience with REST service-based architectures a plus
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, Rackspace Cloud a plus
- Monitor, maintain and upgrade internal server infrastructure (hardware and software). Including assisting with hardware purchasing decisions
- Upgrade and provide elevated support of external customer servers and compute clusters.
- Plan, provision and manage Cloud server resources, and customer Cloud installations
- Manage data backups and data security
- Maintain and improve company network infrastructure including printing, VMware, VPN, firewalls, proxies, VOIP infrastructure, email server/clients, etc.
- Assist with DevOps and continuous deployment of a large-scale software product
- Maintain automated build, deployment and testing tools such as Jenkins
- B.S. (or higher) in a related field and 2+ years experience
- Experience with Docker a plus